Sunday 3 August 2014

Pretty & Polished - Popples


Hellooo fellow polish lovers!

As you may recal, a few weeks ago I asked for your input in my very first indie polish purchases! (you can read my blog post about it here) I decided to order some polishes from Pretty & Polished and from ILNP, and all of my orders have arrived now! So today I'm showing you the first of my new cuties :)

From Pretty & Polished, I ordered Popples, which is a white crelly with pink, bright green, and blue matte glitters in it from varying sizes. It's a perfect summer polish :) I also ordered Tomboyish, a thermal polish!.


As the weather was so nice lately, I decided to start with Popples, which suits these summery temperatures perfectly. I used three coats of Popples here, without a base polish (besides my OPI Nail Envy). I finished with one coat of my Fast Drying Top Coat from Only You.


The colours of the glitters are super nice and vibrant. An small issue I had with the polish was that on the website, it said 2 to 3 coats were enough for full opacity - I did 3 coats here and in real life (not in the pictures), there are still some baldish spots here and there.

The polish also sank into the glitter (as is sometimes prone to happen) and my one coat of top coat wasn't enough to do anything about that as it sank too. You can see this clearly in the picture above on my index finger: the glitters are sticking out of the polish a bit.


Popples is, all in all, a lovely polish, but I had some minor issues with it. I might try it on top of a white base coat next time for better coverage, and make sure to use two coats of top coat to seal the glitter in properly :)

Do you own anything from Pretty & Polished? Thanks for reading!


15 comments:

  1. So much cuteness <3 Erg leuk! Ben benieuwd naar die andere lak.... *zit op puntje van de stoel*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha dankjewel Miriam! Ik heb de andere ook al geswatcht maar moet eerst nog enkele reviews posten - ik zal hem eind volgende week voor je op de blog zetten! :D

      Delete
  2. Popples is really a fun summer shade! I'm curious about Tomboyish, will you show this one next?

    Pnk Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tomboyish will indeed be my next swatch, but I have to publish two more reviews first... I'll have Tomboyish up the following weekend! :D

      Delete
  3. Amazing nail polish! And it looks so great on your nails! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun polish! I love all the different colors of glitter. Pretty & Polished has a really cute logo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! Yeah their logo is cute! I also got a little card with their shop info with my order, and it said "Feel pretty, get polished" which I also looooved, that's so cute! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love this one! Those glitters look amazing against that background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I love bright glitter against white a lot too!

      Delete
  6. Popples looks like a really fun nail polish. I can imagine it cheering me up every time I looked at it if I had it on :)! Great pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popples is such a nice nail polish! It's so bright and I love the colours in the polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are indeed really nice and bright!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)