Sunday 26 April 2015

The Nerd-Geek Challenge Prompt 2: Favourite Movie!


Hi everyone!

YES, it's time for another Nerd-Geek Challenge design!! :D Today our prompt is "Favourite Movie" and I didn't have to think long: Harry Potter of course!


I love everything Harry Potter related (I'm hoping to go do the HP Studios tour in England and maybe even some day go to the theme park in America!) I grew up with Harry and he and his comrades were my friends too.

Source
Since we don't have a book theme for our Nerd-Geek Challenge (otherwise I would have done Harry for that theme since I grew up with the books and the movies only came later) I decided to pick Harry for the Movie theme! I decided to recreate the opening of the movies, with those dark clouds and the title of the movie appearing.

I used these polishes: Only You Dark Passion, D'Orleac nr. 44, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and OPI Push & Shove.


I first created the background with the blue, black and white. I used the plastic baggy method and I looove how it turned out!



Such a nice and gloomy background :D Then I painted the letters, first with white and then with Push & Shove on top - which didn't behave very oddly even though I hadn't used that special base coat that goes with it. My "P" didn't come out the way it was supposed to, but I like the rest!



 I also used a Harry Potter decal on my thumb from Lacquer by Lisa that I won in a giveaway from Accio Lacquer - I love that shet of HP themed decals she sent! You can check out some other stuff that's on it here in a previous post ;)


So YAY!! Are you a Harry Potter fan too? Oh man, I just realize that I forgot to take pictures of these with my HP t-shirt and wand! Booh me.

harry potter animated GIF
Source


And here's Hermoine's sass to finish this post, because she's awesome:

Source
Thanks for reading! And if you participated in the Nerd-Geek Challenge, feel free to leave links to your design below! ;)

33 comments:

  1. Cool mani :-D You know I've never seen any of the HP films or read any of the books :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o Never ever read or seen it? Wow! Well, I guess it was just thé hype when I was a teenager and I got sucked into it and loved it! :D

      Delete
  2. Amazing as ever! Love it!
    I'm a Harry Potter fan too, I read the books in english as a child, because they were quite easy to read. But I stopped at the fifth book I think, but can't remember why and I actually don't know exactly how it ends, even though I could have watched the movies at least... :D
    I really like the decal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think it's super funny that you don't know how it ends! And you never accidentally saw spoilers or something? Thanks Franzi! :D

      Delete
  3. OMG I'm so in love with this design! It's amazing! You did a great job on the background and everything! :D
    I was also thinking of making some HP nails for today's prompt, however, I didn't have time to make something and so I will post it later this week, but now I'm not sure I'll go for it. Your nails are just THE BEST so it will be hard to come up with something original! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! :D Please do make some HP nails too!! Any HP design is automatically a, awesome design! :D

      Delete
  4. woow amazing, love it!! and Harry Potter too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There were times I was reading Harry Potter and writing fanfictions :D
    Great great mani with gorgeously captured climate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ooh that's awesome!! I've never written fan fiction because I never knew what I would make the characters do in my story lol. It's super creative that you wrote that!

      Delete
  6. Wow die achtergrond! WOW! Echt zo gaaf! Heb niks met Potter e.d. maar top gedaan zeg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel Miriam!! Ik was echt heel blij met de achtergrond :D

      Delete
  7. I am looking at the base and I am keep repeating OMG, OMG, stunning! You managed to achieve such a fantastic effect, perfect to recreate the mysterious theme of the movie! Love the final outcome of this mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Andrea!! I love love love how that base turned out even though it took me a few tries to get it to look smokey and cloudy like this :)

      Delete
  8. Fabulous! I couldn't take part of the project this time, but next week I'll do favourite series ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to seeing your favourite series design a lot! :)

      Delete
  9. I love your Harry Potty nails...Love how you show your process in achieving your nail designs!!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The manicure is just GREAT! :D
    I also like Harry Potter. I have watched all the movies. My favorite is the one where they travel back in time, I think it's the third movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's the third!! I looove that one too, the traveling back in time was so funny! :D

      Delete
  11. I love this Robin! I love the background, you really captured the moodyness perfectly! And the lettering is just gorgeous! The decal also looks really great! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ithi!! You make me blush :p

      Delete
  12. HP! I love HP! And your mani is so awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HP lovers unite! :D Thanks a lot Joanne!

      Delete
  13. Yay, Harry Potter fan! :) Amazing mani, I love that "smoky" effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alica - I love that smokey effect too! :D HP ftw!

      Delete
  14. I just can not believe how pretty and stunning this looks! Love the color combinations!
    Looking forward to see your next post ;)
    xx Julia

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)