Monday 10 February 2014

Valentine's Day Appropriate Leopard Print


Hi everyone!

I probably say this in every post here, but again, I'm super excited about today's design! :)

As you know, it's almost Valentine's Day! I don't celebrate it to be honest, but I did got a lot of inspiration out of it this year! I decided to create a design that was as Valentine-y as possible, with lots of pink and hearts! 

My weak spot is leopard print - it must be my favourite design ever, and it's a simple one to create as well :) I also love a good gradient, so mix those two together with Valentine's Day and you get this:



The colours I used for this design are:
FM1 - D'Orleac
Muchi, Muchi - Essie
Rose Libertine - Rimmel London
The Pinky And The Brain - Catrice
Black on Black - Sinful Colors

As you can see, I started out with a white and pink gradient that I created with a sponge. I used the first three colours from the list above for this:


Then I added leopard print with the Catrice pink. I made some spots in the shape of hearts (3 on each nail) and the rest are just random shaped spots. I used a dotting tool for this.


And finally I used a small brush to add the black lines around the spots and also some little black stripes inbetween the spots where I thought the design was too empty:


That's it! Quite simple but I love the way it came out.

I did find that Muchi Muchi was actually a bit too sheer to create the gradient with. It looks more gradient-y in real life, but the camera didn't want to capture the sheer pink. Next time I'll probably use another, a bit darker pink :)


I hope you like my design! Thanks for reading! :)

16 comments:

  1. Great design! I love the subtly of the gradient and the leopard print hearts work really well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a bit afraid that the hearts wouldn't be very recognizable inbetween all the other leopard spots but they worked out quite well :)

      Delete
  2. Very creative design and a great final effect! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this mani. I had no idea you live in Belgium... where exactly?
    It would be awesome to organize a get together, but I know very few Belgian NPA's... =/
    Thank you for the comment on my post today.
    Have a great afternoon and Happy Valentine's Day!

    GioNails | Facebook::Gio_Nails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally hadn't realized you lived in Belgium as well haha! I live in Vlaams-Brabant, close to Leuven and Brussel :) But I know very few Belgium NPA's as well (the only one I actually know of is Emily of Nails By Very Emily :) It's always such a surprise when I find someone from Belgium - because everyone writes their posts in English I just don't realize they could be from here haha. Have a great day yourself!
      (and if you ever find some more other Belgium NPA's and are planning to do a get together, definitely let me know!)

      Delete
  4. I love this mani, looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous :o You did a great job! =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable!:) And perfect for Valentine's Day:) Beautiful gradient as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this set, so cute! And new nail shape is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I totally agree on the nail shape haha :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)