Monday 30 December 2013

Firework Nails



Hi everyone!

Today I have a firework design on my nails, very appropriate around New Year's Eve :)
(unfortunately, also not very original, but since it's my first time doing firework nails I'm considering them original for me anyways :p )

I used a lot of polishes for this design:

OPI - Nail Envy (my favourite base coat)
Sinful Colors - Black on Black
OPI - DS Lapis (Raw Granite)
Essie - Toggle to the Top
The Dazzling Starry Magical Multicolored Shell Glitter Nail Art Polish Varnish #4 from Bornpretty Store
Hema - 07 (pink)
Hema - 08 (purple)
Hema - 17 (light purple greyish)
Hema - 15 (light pinkish)
Hema - 11 (silver)
Essie - Let it Shine topcoat

The Hema polishes were a Christmas gift, so I really wanted to use them in a design to see what they looked like. I'm very happy I got them, they're so pretty!


These polishes have colours that I wouldn't buy myself (I like or very plain colours without any shimmer of glitter in them, or very obvious glittery special polishes, and these Hema polishes are the inbetween ones, they are all one colour polishes but have very subtle shimmer in them, if you know what I mean?), so it's great that I got them as a gift because this way I'm discovering some great new colours that, to my own surprise, I really like.


For these firework nails, I first painted my nails black with two coats of Black on Black.
Then I used a small nail art brush to make the fireworks. I just drew a lot of lines on my nails, I don't really have a technique to make these.


Do you have a special New Year's Eve manicure in mind? I'm planning on making a very glittery design tonight to start 2014 in a very (very) bright way!

Hope you all have a great end of 2013 and an even greater start of 2014!

8 comments:

  1. Your firework nails look really pretty :)
    I love them
    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeeees! We can be first time Firework Mani Buddies! ;) (I did my first fireworks this year too. xD) I hope you have a very Happy New Year, Robin! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, alright! I love your firework nails as well, great choice to make them matte! Thanks, and I hope you had a great New Year too! :)

      Delete
  3. They look absolutely brilliant, one of the best designs I've seen for a firework nail-art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fireworks! I love the glittery fireworks against the black base. I hope you had a good New Years! Good luck with your blog in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the glitter as well, this design gave me a chance to use a lot of my glittery polishes! Hope you had a great New Year too and good luck as well! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)