Tuesday 2 September 2014

ILNP - Birefringence


Hello fellow polish enthusiasts! Rejoice, for I have a gorgeous polish to show you today!

I bought ILNP's Birefringence a few months ago after lusting for it for quite some time. It looked gorgeous in pictures, and especially the description made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Barbra, the owner of ILNP, says:

"I do not possess the linguistic capacity to express the “awesomeness” of this nail polish. But for you, I’ll try. Birefringence is a jaw droppingly beautiful polish that effortlessly stops people in their tracks. Planning on having a meaningful face-to-face conversation with a friend? Plan on an abrupt derailment as soon as he/she notices what your nails are up to. Remember though, it’s not their fault; you were warned! Birefringence shifts through an array of incredible blues, purples, reds, oranges, yellows, and even subtle greens!"

I HAD to have this multichrome. And now I do. And it did NOT disappoint me :D Honestly, conversations WERE derailed when people noticed my nails - Barba was not exaggerating.
I used two easy coats of Birefringence + top coat, no black polish underneath. 

To properly capture the amazing colour shifts of Birefringence, I took pictures with my hand underwater - a trick I learned from Very Emily. When light hits the water, the water will break these light beams in different ways so the colour shifts become more apparent. These colour shifts are amazingly apparent in real life without water though - believe me! - but in pictures, not so much.


You can see a dark blue, purple, and yellow here. There were more colour shifts too - sometimes my nails looked turquoise, sometimes they seemed to be mimicking a burning fireplace with orange and red, as you can see in the picture below on my pinkie and ring finger. Absolutely gorgeous.


Wearing this polish was very exciting: I kept waving my hands about to see what new colours would reveal themselves! I also stopped people dead in their tracks. Everyone went "WOAH wait what your nails were blue just a second ago HOW CAN THEY BE YELLOW NOW?!" and panic ensued everywhere. Okay, maybe not panic, but everyone was like "Yer a wizard Robin!" (childhood dream finally fulfilled).

To show you what my "normal" pictures look like, here's a few:





You can see the blue, purple, and even the yellow if you look closely - so you see, it's all there! The underwater pictures just show it better.

Finally, I made a tiny gif because I just couldn't resist :D This is also underwater!


You can get Birefringence or other multichromes from the ILNP shop or from her Etsy shop. ILNP polishes are 3-Free so they don't contain Toluene, Formaldehyde or Dibutyl Phtalate. Bottles are 12ml and come in a cute little box. I had ordered two other ILNP's - Contraband and Rehab - and I love them A LOT. You'll be seeing them on the blog soon ;)

My best friend was mesmerized by this polish - I had to promise to order Birefringence for her when I ordered some more ILNP's for me :D What do you think of it? Do you own any of the other multichromes, or any other ILNP polishes?

Thanks for reading!

P.s.: if you're wondering what happened to my logo, well that still exists but since I made this post a few weeks ago when I hadn't made the logo yet, this is a logo-less post! Not to fret though, because the logo will reappear ;)


22 comments:

  1. wonderful design, so sparkly, so shiny :)
    I love this colour tooooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it as much as I do! :D

      Delete
  3. Looooove! This one is beautiful, and your nails are a fab shape!
    And this is what it was like with the multichrome I've just posted about - I was at the hairdressers and the hairdresser was discussing how to cut my hair one minute, then the next minute she was raving about my nails! :-D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hehe yeah I hadn't expected people to really notice my nails THAT much but they sure did! Your multichrome is stunning as well! ;)

      Delete
  4. This looks gorgeous! I do love iridescent polishes :-D great photos and gif :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ananka! I'm really glad you like my pictures! :)

      Delete
  5. Sadly I dont owe any Multicolor polishes or Iridescent polishes. We don't get it here \: But this looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe ILNP ships to your country? I'm not sure where you're located, but maybe if you try some online shops something will turn up! :)

      Delete
  6. I need this. I want to be a wizard too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This polish has helped me finally get over not receiving my acceptance letter to Hogwarts :D

      Delete
  7. THAT, my friend...is simply stunning! I also love your animated picture, its great to see this duochrome as you see it. I think I might *need* this polish. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOOOWWW!! Thank you Ithfifi! I'm curious to see it on your nails so let me know if you decide to get it! :)

      Delete
  8. This nail polish is stunning! I would have never thought of taking pictures underwater - I'm definitely going to try that when I swatch duo/multichromes now! I think I definitely need to buy this - it's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayna! Yeah I saw it at Very Emily and I was so amazed by the pictures! You definitely need Birefringence or one of the other multichromes, they are so amazing! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)